Tiled roofs can be beautiful and very durable, with the ability to last up to 100 years if properly cared for. Tile roofing is an excellent choice for roofs in warmer climates; however, they are very heavy and can break under certain conditions.
Tile Roofing Pros
- Tile roofs are long-lasting, especially when installed in the correct climate. Clay and concrete can withstand hail, high winds, and fire.
- There are plenty of material choices when it comes to tile roofs, such as clay, concrete, and slate tiles. They also come in a variety of colors so that you can match the rest of your home’s exterior to a T.
- Tile roofs never experience rot or insect damage.
- When installed correctly, tile roofs require little to no maintenance throughout the year.
Tile Roofing Cons
- Tile roofs can be difficult to install and require roofing contractors in St. Charles, MO, with extensive experience.
- This material is very heavy, meaning your home structure will need to be able to support the roof.
- Though durable, the tiles can be very brittle if they suffer a direct impact from fallen objects. Repairs for these tiles can also be costly.
If you are interested in a tile roof for your home, contact the experts at EZ Home Solutions LLC. We will help you determine if tile roofing is the best option for your home and location and will provide options and advice for a variety of materials and scenarios.