As a homeowner, it is crucial for you to maintain the roof on your house, as it can cause significant problems if any damage is not fixed right away. At EZ Home Solutions LLC, we wanted to share three helpful tips you can do to prevent severe damage from happening to your roof.
Check nearby trees: You should check the trees near your home often for dead limbs that could fall onto your roof. If the limbs look like they are dying or are already dead, then you should have them removed before they fall. If the branches come crashing down, they could cause significant damage to your roof.
Clear away snow: Do not let snow build up on the roof, because it is only meant to hold a certain amount of weight. We recommend removing as much of the snow as possible after a major storm, so the weight does not exceed your roofing material’s limit.
Perform regular maintenance: If you notice a missing shingle, you should have it replaced as soon as possible. By keeping a close eye on your roof, you can spot small problems before they become major issues.
We hope our preventative maintenance tips help your roof last longer. If you are in need of roofing contractors in St. Charles, MO, contact our experts today at (314) 665-1860.
Metal roofs are becoming more and more common in both new construction and roof replacements. There are many advantages to choosing this material from our roofing contractors in St. Charles, MO. However, the material does have its drawbacks, and it is essential to be sure of the material you want to use for your roof. Below are the pros and cons of metal roofing.
- The life expectancy of a metal roof is 50-75 years or more. By comparison, standard asphalt shingle roofs only last 15-25 years.
- The metal surface can reflect heat, which lowers your air conditioning costs in the warmer weather.
- Metal roofs are less prone to leaks than other materials, meaning you will worry less about water penetrating your home.
- This material is also able to withstand wind damage better than most others are, and are even fireproof!
- Metal roofs can be recycled when they reach the end of their life.
- This material can be loud during rain or hailstorms. If you are a light sleeper or are sensitive to noises, this may not be the choice for you.
- Metal roofs can fade and may stain over time.
- These roofs can fail at the seams if they are not properly installed.
- They are often more expensive than other options.
If you are interested in installing a metal roof on your home, contact the experts at EZ Home Solutions LLC today. You can reach our team at (314) 665-1860 to schedule a consultation for your roof installation or replacement.
If you have older double-hung windows in your home, you may experience issues with them sticking or refusing to open and close easily. There is a variety of causes to this, such as structural settling or age. Fortunately, a sticking window does not always require a significant fix.
Your first step should be to clean the window tracks, as dirt and grime may be preventing them from sliding correctly. Vacuum, dust, and wipe clean to clear any debris from the seams of your windows in Roseville, MN.
If you have wooden window tracks, you can lubricate them with any ordinary wax. There is a variety of other lubricants out there for other materials, such as vinyl. You do not want to use oil to lubricate your window tracks, as it can be a magnet for dust and can end up worsening your problem over time.
If you are unable to get your windows to open and close properly, your best bet is to contact the experts at EZ Home Solutions LLC. Our team of contractors can help you diagnose and repair nearly any window problem you are experiencing. Call us today at (952) 544-7663 to schedule service for your next window repair.