Are you thinking about replacing the roof over your head? You probably know about the benefits of adding a new roof, such as increasing the value of your home, but do you know when the ideal time to have your roof redone is? We listed out three reasons why you should replace your roof in the summer.
No Snow – The first advantage is there is no snow during the summer months. If you need a roof replacement in the winter, it can be done, but it might take longer depending on the weather.
Less Chance of Rain – The spring is the season when it typically rains the most, which can delay the time frame. We do not like to go over the agreed timeframe, but sometimes weather has a mind of its own.
Right before the Busy Season – The busiest time for roof replacements is in the fall because it is cooler without being too cold. This means by picking the summer, you will most likely be able to select the date of your choice to have your roof replaced.
When you are looking for roofing contractors in St. Charles, MO, you can trust EZ Home Solutions LLC for quality work and great prices. To request an estimate, give us a call at (314) 665-1860 today.
As a homeowner, it is crucial for you to maintain the roof on your house, as it can cause significant problems if any damage is not fixed right away. At EZ Home Solutions LLC, we wanted to share three helpful tips you can do to prevent severe damage from happening to your roof.
Check nearby trees: You should check the trees near your home often for dead limbs that could fall onto your roof. If the limbs look like they are dying or are already dead, then you should have them removed before they fall. If the branches come crashing down, they could cause significant damage to your roof.
Clear away snow: Do not let snow build up on the roof, because it is only meant to hold a certain amount of weight. We recommend removing as much of the snow as possible after a major storm, so the weight does not exceed your roofing material’s limit.
Perform regular maintenance: If you notice a missing shingle, you should have it replaced as soon as possible. By keeping a close eye on your roof, you can spot small problems before they become major issues.
We hope our preventative maintenance tips help your roof last longer. If you are in need of roofing contractors in St. Charles, MO, contact our experts today at (314) 665-1860.
Metal roofs are becoming more and more common in both new construction and roof replacements. There are many advantages to choosing this material from our roofing contractors in St. Charles, MO. However, the material does have its drawbacks, and it is essential to be sure of the material you want to use for your roof. Below are the pros and cons of metal roofing.
- The life expectancy of a metal roof is 50-75 years or more. By comparison, standard asphalt shingle roofs only last 15-25 years.
- The metal surface can reflect heat, which lowers your air conditioning costs in the warmer weather.
- Metal roofs are less prone to leaks than other materials, meaning you will worry less about water penetrating your home.
- This material is also able to withstand wind damage better than most others are, and are even fireproof!
- Metal roofs can be recycled when they reach the end of their life.
- This material can be loud during rain or hailstorms. If you are a light sleeper or are sensitive to noises, this may not be the choice for you.
- Metal roofs can fade and may stain over time.
- These roofs can fail at the seams if they are not properly installed.
- They are often more expensive than other options.
If you are interested in installing a metal roof on your home, contact the experts at EZ Home Solutions LLC today. You can reach our team at (314) 665-1860 to schedule a consultation for your roof installation or replacement.